Being in the now….
Actually, being in the moment means being mindfully aware of what is going on right here and now – this includes any thinking we do about the past or future.
If you want to learn a quick and easy way to practice managing your mind have a read of my paying attention to the mind post. People often notice simple changes just by being aware of your inner state and this can create shifts in your outward behaviour as well as you inner feelings.
Having done it, you may find that you inevitably take control of other parts of your life as well.
Mindfulness can also be seen as the practice of “being in the moment” – but what does this actually mean? Does it mean that if we’re mindful we should never think about the past or the future, never try to plan or to reflect on our past experience?
Actually, being in the moment means being mindfully aware of what is going on right here and now, in our experience, and this includes any thinking we do about the past or future. Meditation can also play a part in creating mindfulness.
Here are my 5 simple steps to creating the SuziB now moments…..
- Breathing: Next week I will share with you some amazingly easy breathing techniques you can apply to everyday life and see result just through your breathing. (Make sure you subscribe otherwise you could miss this post!)
- Connect to the now: Simply feel your feet on top on the ground and connect in the moment.
- Awareness: Having a sensory awareness of your whole baby and the impact your communication has on other and observe your outcomes.
- Confidence to just be: Your behaviour is not your personality: it is simply something that you do. Confidently move, fake it till you make it.
- Visualise: Meditation can influence mindfulness, so can vision boards, day dreaming, visualisation and relaxation exercise. If you’re not already on to this I suggested you get started.
Action. Change. Freedom
What are your thoughts?
Love. Respect. Protect.